I woke up with the sun this morning to meet an adorable fitness instructor down by the bay in Chicago and she talked about her passion of fitness and what she does. In that short time frame I felt inspired by her beauty, perfect stomach and sweet mannerRead More
The ability to quickly get on the road with my photo gear has always been important to me and so are the bags I trust. I get a lot of questions about my go-to gear and I thought I'd start with one of my favorites, my LowePro Fastpack 250.
This bag was my first fastpack of the LowePro series and still is my favorite, but I'll talk about my other fav's soon. This bag has been everywhere from the dirt roads of Africa to the city streets of New York and countless other adventures.
- Day trips & up to a full day
- City walking & being able to quickly sling to the side and get your camera out
- International travel where you don't want to scream tourist - I also attached locked to the outer zippers
MY FAVORITE QUALITIES:
- The mesh pocket on the side I could always fit my 32oz Nalgene bottle or sometimes even bigger
- The top zipper was either a perfect size to fit my snacks a few items and a jacket or extra clothing item
- Fit my 70-200mm very comfortably - plus a few other lenses
- flat zipper pouch was perfect for my polaroids or my journal
MY FAVORITE MEMORY:
Since this is my longest standing LowePro bag, it has some pretty amazing memories tied to it. The one that stands out the most is when I spent the summer in Malawi, Africa and how that pack never left my side or back I guess! Everyday it would get packed for a new adventure, and everyday I was comfortable and prepared with not only my camera, but my daily essentials. That bag and I were crammed in the back of pickup's together, bouncing on the back of bikes and daily being covered in African dirt and still I never worried about how well my photo gear was being protected. I guess you could say we bonded, but many more memories are to come with this bag!